NOTICE OF FIRST AMENDED AGENDA AND PUBLIC MEETING
Pursuant to A.R.S. ' 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Navigable Stream Adjudication Commission and to the general public that the Navigable Stream Adjudication Commission will hold a meeting open to the public on October 23, 2002 at 10:30 a.m. at the Arizona State House of Representatives Building, in Hearing Room 5, 1700 W. Washington, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
Pursuant to A.R.S. ' 38-431.03(A)(3), the Navigable Stream Adjudication Commission may vote to go into Executive Session for purposes of obtaining legal advice from the Commission's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, or pursuant to A.R.S. ' 38-431.03(A) or for discussion of records exempt by law from public inspection on any matter listed on the agenda.
Title 2 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits the Commission from discriminating on the basis of disability in its public meetings. Individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to attend or communicate at the Commission’s meeting, or who require this information in alternate format, may contact George Mehnert at (602) 542-9214 to make their needs known. Requests should be made as soon as possible so the Commission will have sufficient time to respond. For those individuals who have a hearing impairment, this Commission can be reached through the Arizona Relay Service at 1-800-367-8939 (TTY) or 1-800-842-4681 (Voice). The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES (discussion and action).
A. June 20, 2002 (discussion and action).
B. September 23, 2002 (discussion and action).
4. WATERCOURSE HEARINGS AND PRIORITIES (discussion and action).
5. REVIEW OF ATTORNEY CONTRACT (discussion and action).
6. REPORT FROM DIRECTOR (discussion and action).
A. Discussion regarding Arizona Republic as vendor (discussion and action).
B. Approval for payment of attorney fees (Jennings, Haug & Cunningham).
1. Invoice 88925 in the amount of $615.00 for June services.
2. Invoice 89302 in the amount of $195.00 for July services.
3. Invoice 89826 in the amount of $701.00 for August services.
4. Invoice 90137 in the amount of $2,969.80 for September services.
7. EVIDENCE AND PROCEDURES RELATING TO HEARINGS (discussion and action).
8. CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENT (comment sheets).
(Pursuant to Attorney General Opinion No. I99-006 [R99-002]. Public Comment: Consideration and discussion of comments and complaints from the public. Those wishing to address the Commission need not request permission in advance. Action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or rescheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.)
9. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS AND ESTABLISHMENT OF FUTURE MEETINGS.
The chair reserves the right to set the order of the agenda.
An agenda copy will be available at the Commission office at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting.
Navigable Stream Adjudication Commission